Larian Studios has released the second major patch for Baldur’s Gate 3, aptly titled Patch #2, which promises to bring “substantial performance improvements”.
Announced on Steam, Patch #2 brings bug fixes, performance improvements, UI tweaks, a new epilogue scene for Karlack, and more. Larian also promised it is working on additional endgame scenes featuring other characters.
Other highlights include the introduction of the Withers’ Wardrobe of Wayward Friends, which lets players dismiss co-op party members from your campaign, a fix for potentially getting stuck in combat because a player character cannot be selected to end their turn, and new icons for equipped items.
The patch note highlights are available to view below, with points featuring spoilers omitted. The full notes can be viewed on Baldur’s Gate 3’s Steam page.
Baldur’s Gate 3 launched to an incredibly positive reception. The Dungeons & Dragons-based RPG has also proven incredibly popular, almost immediately becoming one of the most popular games on Steam and forcing a hotfix from Larian to cope with demand.
It’s also gained attention for being, in the developers’ own words, “big-budget horny”, with players being shocked by the extent of its nudity.
In our 10/10 review, IGN said: “With crunchy, tactical RPG combat, a memorable story with complex characters, highly polished cinematic presentation, and a world that always rewards exploration and creativity, Baldur’s Gate 3 is the new high-water mark for CRPGs.”
Baldur’s Gate 3 Patch #2 Highlights
- Introducing Withers’ Wardrobe of Wayward Friends! You can now dismiss co-op party members from your campaign.
- Performance optimisations across the board.
- Reduced the size of savegames.
- Fixed potentially getting stuck in combat because a player character cannot be selected to end their turn.
- Fixed an issue causing you to get stuck in dialogue with Angry Mar’hyah and Oyster Boy Dringo by the Sword Coast Couriers.
- UI Improvements
- Added a ‘Delete all but latest’ option for each campaign, so you can regain a little storage space wiggle room.
- Added new icons for equipped items! It’s easier to tell if they’re equipped by the selected character, one of your characters, or another player’s character. (Who’s hoarding all the interesting equipment?)
- Added item rarity filters to the inventory.
- Your Turn notification now lists which character’s turn it is.
- The character summary on Level Up will now update to reflect changes in ability scores.
- The Active Search list now persists after being opened and is more informative.
- Action Radial now creates containers for spells created by other spells, making them easier to manage.
Ryan Dinsdale is an IGN freelance reporter. He’ll talk about The Witcher all day.
Go to Source
Author: Ryan Dinsdale