The 2023 roster for this year’s Evo fighting game tournament has been revealed, with Capcom’s Street Fighter 6 set to make its debut in the wake of its official launch this June and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 making a high-profile return.
A total of eight fighting games will be featured in competition at Evo 2023, and are listed below:
- Street Fighter 6 – PS4 (Capcom)
- Guilty Gear Strive – PS4 (Arc System Works)
- Mortal Kombat 11: Ultimate – PS4 (Warner Bros. Games)
- Tekken 7 – PS4 (BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment)
- The King of Fighters XV – PS4 (SNK)
- Melty Blood Type Lumina – PS4 (Lasengle)
- Dragon Ball FighterZ – PS4 (BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment)
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 – PS4 (Capcom)
“We are excited to once again feature an incredible lineup of fighting games at Evo 2023 and are thrilled to be including our first Evo Throwback tournament with Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3,” said Evo general manager Rick Thiher in a statement. “This year we’re establishing $25,000 minimum prize pools for each tournament in our lineup, and continuing our efforts to improve the Evo event experience for players and fans.”
Evo returned in 2022 after the 2021 event was cancelled due to COVID-19 concerns. With its genesis in Northern California arcade tournaments dating back to 1996, the Evolution Championship Series, or Evo, was officially founded in 2002. The tournament was acquired by Sony in 2021.
Evo 2023 is scheduled to hit Las Vegas’ Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino on August 4-6, 2023.
Luke is Games Editor at IGN’s Sydney office. You can chat to him on Twitter @MrLukeReilly.
Go to Source
Author: Luke Reilly