ESTNN breaks down everything you need to know about this weekend’s FNCS Season 8 Semi-Finals, Reboot Round and Finals.
The time has come to crown Fortnite’s Chapter 2 – Season 8 Axe of Champions winners. For only the last two weeks, players worldwide have competed in a pair of qualifiers to either guarantee themselves a spot in the Season 8 Finals or qualify for the Semi-Finals through Series Points. For the latter, the path became much more challenging and unpredictable.
Nonetheless, this shortened Fortnite Champion Series (FNCS) meant a sprint to the finish for all participants. The FNCS Semi-Finals, Reboot Round and Finals will occur across the next four days. This Sunday, competitive Fortnite will crown its Season 8 Champions.
Today, ESTNN provides a viewing guide to help you understand what’s happening this weekend as we inch closer to the end of Fortnite Chapter 2 – Season 8.
Format & Dates
The first two days of this accelerated FNCS conclusion are the Semi-Finals, also known as heats, and the Reboot Round. Qualified semi-finalists are competing for a top-four finish to push them directly to the Season 8 Finals. The remaining teams will compete in the Reboot Round, where only Victory Royale winners secure a spot in the Season 8 Finals.
Following the Semi-Finals and Reboot Round is the Season Finals. Teams will compete in 12 matches to determine the final placement of the leaderboard. As the last few FNCS Finals, Epic Games committed a $3M USD prize pool to cover all seven regions. All in all, it should be an insane, fast-paced sprint to the finish line.
Here is a quick recap of the format for the next four days:
Season 8 Day One Semi-Finals (Heats) – October 28
- 66 teams based on Series Points separate into two heats (Heat A & Heat B)
- The top four teams from each heat qualify for the Season 8 Finals
- Remaining teams re-seed into expanded Reboot Round (Semi-Finals Day Two)
Season 8 Semi-Finals Day Two (Reboot Round) – October 29
- Six matches per region
- Each game-winning team advances to the Season 8 Finals
- When a team wins a match, they’ll be removed from the Reboot Round field of teams
Season 8 Finals – October 30 & 31
- 33 teams
- Two days
- 12 matches
- Six matches each day
- Final placement depends on cumulative score across both days
- Victory Royale: 30 Points
- 2nd: 26 Points
- 3rd: 24 Points
- 4th: 22 Points
- 5th: 21 Points
- 6th: 20 Points
- 7th: 19 Points
- 8th: 18 Points
- 9th: 17 Points
- 10th: 16 Points
- 11th: 14 Points
- 12th: 13 Points
- 13th: 12 Points
- 14th 11 Points
- 15th: 10 Points
- 16th: 9 Points
- 17th: 8 Points
- 18th – 24th: 5 Points
- Each Elimination: 2 Points
- Europe – $1,351,200
- NA East – $635,100
- Brazil – $428,175
- NA West – $222,300
- Asia – $150,600
- Middle East – $122,250
- Oceania – $90,450
How to Watch
There is no shortage of viewing options for the FNCS Semi-Finals, Reboot Round and Finals this weekend. Many of the world’s top players will broadcast their points of view. Additionally, Epic Games hosts an official broadcast with many talented casters and analysts on the call.
Several well-known community members stream viewing parties as well to give a deeper insight into the storylines happening in each match. Your best bet is to browse Twitch’s directory and find streams that suit your needs.
Here is the complete broadcast rundown for the next four days of FNCS Season 8:
- European broadcast links: Spanish Twitch / German Twitch, YouTube / French Twitch, YouTube / English Twitch, YouTube
- English Broadcast – ZekimusPrime, ShyoWager, xSUND0WN, Leven2K, Reisshub
- Spanish Broadcast – adreplays, TocataTV, OllieGamerz, Charlynighter, iGeStarK
- French Broadcast – chocatv, NowardBE, TheVic_c, Coach_Nounours, Mlle_Biscotte
- German Broadcast – criztianotorres, PlSTOLENHENRY, LinkeMedia
- Show Begins – 1:00pm ET / 7:00pm CET
- EU Live Coverage – 1:15pm ET / 7:15pm CET
- Broadcast Ends – Approximately 4:30pm ET / 10:30pm CET
- North American (NA East & NA West) broadcast links: Twitch / YouTube
- NA East Broadcast – ZekimusPrime, Reisshub, MonsterDFace, VividFN, AdamSavage
- NA West Broadcast – ZekimusPrime, xSUND0WN, claystehling, HelloKellyLink, LifewPanda
- Show Begins – 5:00pm ET / 2:00pm PT
- NAE Live Coverage – 5:15pm ET / 2:15pm PT
- Break – Approximately 8:30pm ET / 5:30pm PT
- NAW Live Coverage – Approximately 9:15pm ET / 6:15pm PT
- Broadcast Ends – Approximately 12:30am ET / 9:30pm PT
- Brazilian broadcast links: Twitch / YouTube / Facebook
- Portuguese Broadcast – melanylolee, Kennosv, nevesthaue, RainyCreates, yt_virti, risk1nner, fla_eikani
- Spanish Broadcast – barnagg, KerykeionTV, gorilonfn, Pringl3sTw
- Show Begins – 3:50pm
- BR Live Coverage – 4:15pm
- Broadcast Ends – Approximately 7:30pm
- Asian broadcast Links: YouTube / Twitch
- Asia Broadcast – shohei_taguchi, YamatoColors, Shiras___, tonpiava
- Show Begins – 4:50pm
- BR Live Coverage – 5:15pm
- Broadcast Ends – Approximately 8:30pm
FNCS Twitch Drops are still live in Season 8. Players thus far should have collected the emote, spray and foam finger back bling for tuning in and following the instructions. This weekend marks your last chance to acquire these Twitch Drops.
Anyone looking to acquire these cosmetics needs to watch a verified broadcast for at least 15 minutes and then claim the drops on Twitch. Make sure that you link your Epic Games account to your Twitch account to be eligible.
Be sure to tune in throughout the weekend to see which trios become the FNCS Season 8 Champions. Stay tuned for more updates regarding the Fortnite Champion Series and other competitive Fortnite events!
Featured Image: Epic Games
The post Fortnite: How To Watch FNCS Season 8 Semi-Finals, Reboot Round & Finals appeared first on Esports News Network | ESTNN.
Go to Source
Author: Matt Pryor