Gorgeous action-adventure Kena: Bridge of Spirits is getting a major update including a New Game+ mode – and it’s coming to Steam.
IGN can exclusively reveal that the game will receive a free Anniversary Update on September 27, which includes New Game+, Charmstones, Spirit Guide Trials, Kena Outfits, accessibility features. On the same day, the game will get a Steam release, having previously been an Epic Games Store PC exclusive.
You can check out a new trailer below:
Kena: Bridge of Spirits – Anniversary Update Additions
- “New Game+, which will allow players who’ve completed the game to restart Kena’s journey with all of their previously unlocked abilities, upgrades, outfits, Rot, etc and take on redesigned and more challenging combat encounters.”
- “Charmstones that are individually equipable – these unique collectibles each provide different adjustments to Kena’s stats and abilities.”
- “New game mode called the Spirit Guide Trials, challenging players’ skills with a variety of replayable challenges across three different categories; Obstacle Courses, Wave Defenses, and Boss Reflects.”
- “Completing the Spirit Guide Trials unlock outfits for Kena, each one inspired by one of the characters she meets along her journey. Succeeding at bonus objectives within each trial can unlock color variations of each outfit, as well as some unique Charmstones.”
- “An exclusive new outfit for Deluxe Edition owners.”
Kena: Bridge of Spirits was the debut game for Ember Lab, a studio made up of movie animation experts who had made the famous Majora’s Mask – Terrible Fate fan film. We awarded the game an 8/10 in our review, calling it “an open-world action-adventure that harkens back to the days of the N64/Gamecube-era Zeldas, Okami, and Star Fox Adventures, while also adding some modern sensibilities and a distinct personal touch.”
Joe Skrebels is IGN’s Executive Editor of News. Follow him on Twitter. Have a tip for us? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to [email protected].
Go to Source
Author: Joe Skrebels